BUSINESS & ONLINE IMPACT
Things I’d Rather Not Live Without (Business Edition)
13th September, 2017
A silver hammer can open an iron gate.
~ Basque Proverb
earest Fellow ‘Preneur,
Please find below a list of all of my godsends to date. Please note, some links are affiliated, where I receive a commission or kickback (here’s to being smart and having many a stream of potential income). May they serve you and your dreams, the way I have counted them among my blessings.
~ tk xx
- WordPress.org: Software to build your website. (Go wordpress.org not wordpress.com. You will need to pay and source your own domain name and hosting, but worth it to look like a pro. Most hosting companies have an easy 1 click install.)
- Siteground – Hosting. I’m about to switch from Bluehost because: 1. They bill in AUD$$ and 2. more affordable prices for where I am at currently.
- Divi – WordPress theme/ skin. Patience + online tutorials = boutique website on a budget for those starting out.
- Alexandra Franzen – Blue haired, heart written love notes. My original wordsmith crush. The big sister and friend you never knew you wanted, but wouldn’t go without.
- Fresh By Sian – Graphics To Swoon Over. This Kiwi graphics designer is on her own level – and has some business savviness worth reading.
- Canva: Graphic Design For Newbs. Intimidated by the photoshop learning curve? Start here. Easy to use and heaps of boller templates.
- Colorzilla – Colour Code Picker. Found a colour you love but no idea how to replica it? I use this FREE plugin for Chrome all the time. Simply hover and click.
- WhatFont– Identifies Website Font. Fellow typography lovers can appreciate this FREE Chrome plugin to (usually) discover the name of the fonts used on a website.
- Unsplash – Premium stock photos. Royalty free, so you don’t have to stress if you forget to credit them. They also have a brilliant plugin for Chrome.
- Gumroad: Sell Your Thang. Where I sold my first ebook & meditation. They take a cut but super quick & easy to set up.
- Ash Ambirge: Cheeky, badass, your business mother. Anything she creates is literally an investment in your business – or at least I have found.
- Instagram Growth Academy: Build an organic following from the ground up. I’ve watched Ross & Rachel killin’ it in Insta and the value they provide in their free FB community is mind blowing.
- Profit First: FInancial roadmap for your business
So there you have it – a few of my most loved tricks that were up my sleeve. Let me know what questions I can answer. Happy creating! ~ xx
Go, make a difference.
Picking Up What We’re Putting Out?
A Couple of Facts You May Not Know About Me:
1. I’ve never been the person to spot the entire restaurant bill (when they don’t do split bills)…
Dearest Badass Being,
Find below the things that lift my soul, help me sink deeper into the bliss of life and keep me fulled and having the adventures I choose to take.
My teenage self has dressed my twenty-something body for too long.
Mirroring the exact looks from Pinterest, without the expensive American labels.